If you have read my previous blog entitled, ’Husband’s Excuses!’ - then you will realise that I could have grounds for divorce here.
But hey I am the bigger person! (Plus the fact, who would unblock the toilet or change the light bulbs?)
However I digress, my lovely husband has over the years shown one characteristic which leaves much to be desired and I am sure that lots of you ladies out there cope with the same thing; excuses for not listening to me when I am passing on my infinite wisdom.
Here are the latest ten.
1. I was waiting for you to finish.
A likely story!
2. I’m sorry but I didn’t quite hear you. Could you speak up!
Nonsense he has the hearing of a bat.
3. I was transfixed by the light display.
Come on I was trying to enlighten him with my comments!
4. I was distracted by how high we were sitting.
I know that he is afraid of heights but honestly Costa Coffee balcony in Next!
5. I was just wondering whether she would buy the blue boots or the brown ones.
Who’s she and what boots?
6. I was going through my names.
I know that this sounds ridiculous but we were talking about a blog I was thinking of posting about names at the time. But still – time and place!
7. Sorry but he was wrapping up a round mirror and it was intricate.
Well, did he manage to do it?
8. My watch buzzed.
It does often so...?
9. My eyes don’t stay still; they roam around the room.
Heaven help me!
10. I was thinking that would make a good painting.
Thought for the day: You don’t have to be perfect to be loved!