It is that time of year again when I would like to wish you all a happy new year and hope that the year that you are leaving behind was an enjoyable one.
It is also the time to make those New Year resolutions. However, this year I would like to put a different slant on them from being a rather negative response to the previous year and maybe looking at them in a more positive way when you make them for 2018.
Here are mine and I hope you can see where I’m going with this idea.
1. I would like to let things go and let things be more this year
2. I would like to be kinder to myself.
3. I would like to continue to eat healthily.
4. I would like to continue to take a walk every day.
5. I would like to continue to spend time enjoying my lovely husband’s company.
6. I would like to take exercise classes when I can.
7. I would like to continue developing my writing in as many different ways as I can.
8. I would like to continue to spend more time with dear daughter mine.
9. I would like to plan and organise more interesting holidays.
10. I would like to continue to appreciate my family and friends.
And so I would like to finally wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2018 and hope that all that you wish for yourselves come to fruition!
PS I would also like to think that some of you will continue to check out my blog and website in 2018. LOL.
According to my webpage manager the 347 people who have liked my pages and blogs are missing me! LOL.
Well I can’t have that on my conscience any more so here I am again. I have been so busy doing other projects that I have just not had time to work on my website or write any blogs.
So sorry to leave you bereft at my absence! Ha! Ha! (I say tongue-in-cheek!)
I’ve also been contemplating the universe so to speak and have been pondering on a few universal questions, which as you can imagine have hurt my little brain cells and, so I have been unable to write more regularly so once again, please accept my apologies.
What have you been thinking about I hear you wonder! Well important questions such as; When Prince Philip reaches the age of 100 will he receive a telegram from the Queen?
In fact, now that I think about it, will the Queen send herself one?
As you can appreciate, thoughts like this can take up precious moments of writing time and as I have discovered quite a few, you will have to forgive me for not adding to my webpage or writing a blog!
However, now that Christmas is approaching, I would like to wish all my 347 followers, a very Happy Christmas and hope you will continue to like me in the New Year, where one of my new year resolutions will be to blog more often! (I promise- honest!)
I will leave you with a few thoughts to ponder on until 2018
1. Why are pizza boxes square when the pizza is round?
2. Why is it called a “drive through” if you have to stop?
3. Why are soft balls, used in the American game, hard?
4. Why is it that rain drops but snow falls?
5. Why is the third hand on a watch called the second hand?
6. Why are boxing rings square?
7. Why is it called a pineapple, when’s there neither pine nor apple in it?
8. Why is it called eggplant, when there’s no egg in it?
9. Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
10. Why do hotdogs come in packs of 8 when hotdog rolls come in packs of 10?
Sue Westcott(C.) 2017