Dear daughter mine, lives in another town and I haven't seen her for six weeks! I've house-partied and zoomed her but it is not the same. I want to hug her and comfort her and to check that she is okay in these trying times.
However, dear daughter mine does keep in touch regularly sending me heartfelt messages on WhatsApp.
Here are a few of them:
1. I know that you are getting older but don't despair you are now in the age range where you can complain about anything and everything -and get away with it.
2. You can remember and reminisce about the good old days!
3. You get senior citizens discounts!
4. And don't forget the free bus pass!
5. At you age you shouldn't stay in the bath or shower too long as your wrinkles might stay!
6. You shouldn't worry about whether people like you or not, at least mosquitoes find you attractive!
7. You have a great talent; not sleeping at night.
8. Your motto when you were a teacher should have been;
" I love all mythical creatures, vampires, werewolves, unicorns and kids who listen!" Ha! Ha!
9. I know that this will eventually come to pass - when you came, you saw, you forgot what you were doing, you retraced your steps and got lost on the way back and now you have no idea what's going on!
Don't worry too much about this as you will forget it all anyway! LOL
10. Oh and by the way, "Looking forward to the day when this lockdown ends so that I can give you a hug!"
Daughters! Bless 'em!
Sue Westcott (C.) 2020